Victory Patterns Chloe dress replacement

I originally made the Victory Patterns Chloe dress about 5 years ago

My first version was a navy blue with small white and fuschia flowers cotton sleeveless dress with contrast fuschia neck and armhole binding, pocket flaps and added piping in the front and back vertical seams.

The dress has been worn and worn. It has travelled Europe. It has that wonderful combination of feeling well dressed but not too smart and loose enough ( no waist seam) to be both cool and comfortable ( plenty of room for gelato)

As the fabric has begun to look more and more worn , I decided the only option was to recreate the dress as closely as possible.

Of course it wasn’t possible to buy the same fabric, but after some time searching I found the cotton below which has the same colours and is also floral.

I have tried to copy the arm sync and fit as closely as possible to the original ( I have a purple version of the dress where the armholes aren’t quite as comfortable).

And here is the result


It has been worn once, and I hope will have as much wear as the original

My thoughts are that my piping is neater second time around , but the best armhole sync is still the original oneThe question remains, can I bear to part with my first make. I have already begun muttering that it will be ideal for the garden…..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s